1. Pre-Register for Petwalk through this website.
Open a fundraising page or become a team leader. You can do both! Pre-registration closes at midnight, Wednesday, October 4, 2017.
2. Create a free fundraising page or become a team leader.
You can do both!
3. Set a goal for yourself or your team.
Track your goal using the pledge form and website. Print a Pledge Form.
4. Make the first gift.
People are more likely to give to you if they know you’ve made your own gift.
5. Send invitations asking people to contribute to Petwalk and/ or your team.
Use our sample e-mail for ideas or create your own. Tell people why Petwalk and the animals that Petwalk supports matter to you. Think about all the people who know your pet or have pets of their own. They may be willing to help you raise funds for homeless animals.
Sample Message you Can Send to Friends and Family:
Grab a leash and join me at the Dutchess County SPCA Petwalk. The walk is October 7, 2017, at Bowdoin Park in Wappingers Falls. I’m walking because my Petey was adopted from the DCSPCA. My goal is to raise $250.00 to support homeless animals. Please sign up to walk with me. And, I hope you will make a donation to support me as I walk.
To learn more about this event visit www.dcspca-petwalk.com. You can register through the site and make your donations on-line or contact me. I can help you with these. Don’t forget to link to my fundraising page so I will know you participated.
Petey and I thank you for your generous support.
6. Create a poster or flyer or print copies of the official Petwalk poster
You can post in the lunchroom at work, or hand out to friends, family, co-workers, neighbors, businesses you support and clubs you are involved in. Think about all the people who know your pet or have pets of their own. They may be willing to help you raise funds.
7. Talk to your employer.
Some companies may be willing to send out information company-wide and help you build your team. Company newsletters, team meetings and company events are great ways to spread the word. Our tax ID # 14-1340058, we are a 501 (c) (3).
8. Follow up with people you ask.
They may need reminders.
9. If you are a Team Leader, consider creating team t-shirts (or all wearing your company’s shirts).
You may want to create a team photo or signs your team can carry at the Petwalk. These are ways you can help build team spirit and get people excited about being with you at Petwalk.
10. Make fundraising more fun.
• Create a fun name for your team – one that will inspire others to join your team.
• Challenge another team in a contest to see which can raise the most or sign up
the most walkers.
• Put a coin jar on your desk at work. People can drop in their change and watch
the small amounts add up.
• Host a party, bake sale, or dog wash.
• Get creative! Have fun.